The Lalitasahasranama chanting will be done by Dr. Pallavi Kwatra who is a spiritual Sri Vidya saadhak & Shakti lover. You may find her books, ecourses on Sriyantra Pujas, Shakti blogs and more at her website at this link: https://www.drpallavikwatra.com/collection/shakti-collection/
For those who wish to learn Sriyantra puja with Lalitashasranama chanting, You can take up a e course at this link: https://www.drpallavikwatra.com/course/do-it-yourself-lalitasahsaranama-with-shri-yantra-kumkum-archana-ritual/
For a free unique book on Lalitashasranama with 1000 images, please visit: https://www.drpallavikwatra.com/product/1000-sacred-avatars-of-goddess-lalita-tripura-sundari-a-pictorial-saga/
Lalita Sahasranama (IAST: lalitāsahasranāma) is a text from Brahmanda Purana. It is a sacred text to the Hindu worshippers of the Goddess Lalita Devi, i.e. theDivine Mother, in the form of her power, Shakti. Lalita is the Goddess of bliss, an epithet for Shiva’s wife Goddess Parvati. Etymologically, “Lalita” means “She Who Plays”. In the root form (vyutpatti), the word “Lalita” means “spontaneous” from which the meaning “easy” is derived and from there-forth the word implicitly extends to “play”. It is supposedly one of the most complete stotras which can be recited for complete salvation.
The names are organised as in a hymn, i.e. in the way of stotras. It is a dialogue between Hayagriva, an (avatar) of Mahavishnu and the great sage Agastya. The temple at Thirumeyachur,near Kumbakonam is said to be the place where sage Agastya was initiated into this sahasranama. Another alternative version is that the Upanishad Bramham Mutt at kanchipuram is the place where this initiation happened.
Lalitha Sahasranama was composed by 8 vaag devis (vaag devathas) upon the command of Devi Sri Lalitha. The 8 vaag devis are – Vasini, Kameshwari, Aruna, Vimala, Jayinee, Modhinee, Sarveshwari, Koulini. The Lalita Sahasranama tells us the truth that “One can worship Lalitha only if she wishes us to do so”.
The slokas are organised in such a way that, Devi is described from “Head to Feet” (kEsAdhi pAdham).
Lalita Sahasranama is held as a sacred text for the worship of the Divine Mother, Lalita, and is also used in the worship of Durga, Parvati, Kali, L- akshmi,Saraswati, Bhagavathi,- etc. It is a principal text of Shakti worshippers. Lalita Sahasranama names the various attributes of the Divine Mother, and all these names are organised in the form of a hymn. This Sahasranama is used in various modes for the worship of the Divine Mother. Some of the modes of worship are parayana (Recitations),- archana, homa etc.
Usually, in a sahasranamam, if the same name repeats, the commentators use their scholarship and inspiration to give different meanings to different occurrences of the same name (this practise occurs also in Jewish Talmudic commentary). Lalita sahasranama has the unique distinction, among all the sahasranamas, of not repeating even a single name. Further, in order to maintain the metre, sahasranamas use the artifice of adding words like tu, api, ca, and hi, which are only conjunctions that do not necessarily add to the meaning of the name except in rare cases of interpretation. The Lalita Sahasranama however does not make any use of such auxiliary conjunctions and is therefore unique in being a pure enumeration of holy names that meet the metrical, poetical and mystic requirements of a sahasranama solely by their order throughout the text.
The significance and importance of chanting LALITASHASRANAMA
Lalitashasranama is so powerful that reciting it in routine can help ward off evils. It removes all the negativity and obstacles from one’s life and bestows the person with happiness and prosperity.
Lalitashasranama chanters can win over every difficulty and unfortunate situation in life With wisdom and vigour which is the answer to any obstacle in life.
- Reciting or listening Lalitasahasranama regularly enhances the strength and determination of a person.
- You get mental peace in Abundance that inspires and motivates one to carry out the difficult tasks of life.
- Lalitashasranama should be recited with a pure heart as God always appreciates the devotees who have a pure heart, noble thoughts, and a clear mind
- Reciting the verses of this tremendous patha help you get relief of your sufferings and It protects you from the malefic effects of the planetary positions as well.
- Lalitashasranama is known to grant the wishes of the devotees. You can enjoy the real essence of life with peace, keeping tensions at bay.
- Lalitashasranama plays a vital role in improving the financial condition of a person.
It protects oneself against diseases and ensures good health.
- Reciting Lalitashasranama daily takes away all your fears. It makes you more confident, and you stop scaring from things that hardly matters in life.
- To confer moksha is the ultimate goal of one’s lives. Lalitashasranama is a step towards moksha
- Chanting Lalitashasranama will fill your life with happiness, prosperity, and blessings of God, even if you read in unintentionally or unknowingly.